The IT Supervisor will possess strong technical knowledge of the applications and systems in their area of responsibility including architecture, proficiency in building and deploying as well as troubleshooting and problem management. The IT Supervisor is the hands on technical escalation point for user support issues, problem management and technology deployment.
The IT Supervisor, in collaboration with the IT Manager, will lead and ensure the effective implementation, delivery and support of high performing, highly available, secure technology, they will provide guidance and direction to their team in terms of best practices, issue resolutions and priority management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IT Supervisor is responsible to:
- Supervise and manage the day to day operation of the Helpdesk support team.
- Plan and monitor activities of team members to ensure the effective delivery and support of technology.
- Lead effective delivery of all designated initiatives ensuring that the initiatives are properly resourced and that all participants are clear on the work to be performed, and the overall objectives and goals.
- Ensure they and their team leverage best in class tools, processes and procedures to delivery high performing solutions with consistency and reliability, that minimize post deployment support, and adheres to all applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensure development plans for their individual team members are well defined and executed on per schedule and that the intended results were achieved.
- Provide IT leadership with researched, well thought out recommendations for application and system course corrections, changes, uses and implementations.
- Provide End User Support
- Follow-up with end users and key area leaders to assess the quality of technology, services, and support that we are providing.
- Monitor application and system changes for possible solutions to unresolved business problems.
- Maintain functional proficiency to provide effective platform and application support.
- Provide direct daily support for user requests, incidents and problem management using industry best practices. Support requests will be initiated via phone, via the incident management systems and via support chat channels.
- Act as the technical point of escalation if resolution by providing direct technical support to team members and end users on a consistent and regular basis. Assist in and lead troubleshooting for hardware, installation, set ups and other issues.
- Assist users with identifying opportunities to streamline existing work processes by taking advantage of additional existing system functionality.
- Provide Training
- Ensure IT Staff is properly educated on the use of technology and the requirements of their position. Design, conduct, or lead hands on technical training to staff as required.
- Assist in orientation and training of users on the proper use of their computer, phone, or tablet as well as popper use of general applications such as Microsoft Outlook, OneDrive and SharePoint as well as fundamentals of accessing and using core business applications such as HCSS HeavyJob and CMiC.
- Document and update FAQ and Standard support procedure documents.
- Lead Problem Resolution
- Identify and distinguish reoccurring or systemic problems from user incidents and requests.
- Monitor and measure technology performance and reliability and take corrective action to resolve issues that are discovered or reported.
- Actively participate in problem resolution and take the lead on analysis, isolation and creation of recommended action plan.
- Develop, document and implement resolutions for recurring incidents or problems.
As a member of IT Leadership, the IT Supervisor is responsible to ensure they and their team:
- Deliver highly available, sustainable and supportable technology.
- Maintain information security and integrity whether at rest or in motion.
- Maintain strong identity and access management controls for infrastructure, platform, application, and data access regardless of whose data center it is in or who is providing the service and support.
- Minimize risks for data loss.
- Effectively use tools for monitoring of system performance and security as well as for the deployment and administration of technology.
- Maintain strong knowledge and understanding of technology architecture and best practices.
- Maintain proficiency with existing, new and emerging technologies that are part of our strategic roadmap.
- Maintain up to date governance documentation.
The IT Supervisor is responsible to:
Infrastructure & Technology
- Manage all infrastructure and platforms used to deliver services to our user community.
- Maintain appropriate patch levels for all software, operating systems and firmware to ensure optimum performance and security compliance.
- Monitor capabilities of existing, new and upcoming software and hardware solutions, identify those that would best serve the needs of user community and satisfy business and strategy objectives.
- Define and implement technology architecture that improves performance, user experience and satisfies objectives in terms of secure access from anywhere via any platform and improves business continuity.
- Maintain 99.99 % uptime on all systems and applications excluding defined maintenance windows.
- Monitor infrastructure performance ensuring consistent delivery and predictable performance.
- Supervise the day to day operation of the Service Desk support team.
- Monitor and manage compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure there are open lines of communication amongst the support team and the other technology areas.
- Continually enhance the user support experience through a multi-channel approach which includes high quality and intuitive self-serve aspects. Use trends in support requests as a mechanism to assist in the prioritization of improvements and adjustments.
- Monitor and manage device and client application deployments ensuring devices and applications are maintained at a consistent and expected release levels.
- Lead and provide technical expertise in the build and deployment of client hardware as well as the packaging and deployment of client applications.
- As the senior technology professional and the top escalation point within the Service Team, provide hands on assistance to the team to resolve user and device issues. Escalate those issues related to Networks, Infrastructure, Business Applications, Business Intelligence or Workforce productivity only after fully screening the issues to ensure they are not in the purview of the Service Team to resolve.
- Ensure user hardware is swapped per the designated replacement cycle. Actively maintain hardware inventory and license compliance in all systems and ensure the monthly allocation of costs is accurate and complete prior to submitting to Corporate Finance.
- Lead the effort for the technology aspects of the startup and shut down of new offices, materials plants or construction sites. This includes project planning, scope assessment, site walk-throughs, requirements documentation, coordination with vendors and partners, ordering, imaging, deployment and installation of all hardware, and ongoing troubleshooting. Will also be responsible for adjustments in scheduled, resource planning, follow up and communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensure all Audio-Visual systems are proactively monitored and maintained. Lead maintenance and upgrade efforts as needed.
- Provide direct user support for issues escalated from internal and external service teams including those escalated outside of standard business hours.