Allan Myers is seeking a full-time Claims/Insurance Manager with risk management, claims management and insurance expertise and familiarity with databases, database reporting tools, comparative performance measurement and benchmarking.
BS Degree or equivalent in Risk Management, Insurance, Business or Finance and 5 plus years claims management experience. Professional insurance/claims designations preferred (ARM, AIC).
1. Knowledge of workers’ compensation, liability, property, and auto claims, insurance processes, laws, forms and terminology. Knowledge of PA, VA, MD and DE Workers’ Compensation and Liability State laws a plus.
2. Knowledge of risk management information systems and relational databases.
3. Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
4. Strong computer skills using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Lotus Notes a plus.
5. Strong problem solving, analysis and decision-making skills.
6. Strong organizational and administration skills.
7. Exceptional customer relations skills.
8. Desire to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
9. Construction claims and safety experience a plus.
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic with seven regional offices and 15 asphalt and aggregate plants. With a workforce of more than 2,000 hard working men and women, and our own extensive fleet of vehicles and equipment, there is no job that we can not tackle. The markets we serve include: design-build, site development, transportation, water and asphalt and aggregate production. With more than 75 years of history under our belt, we are constantly growing and pushing ourselves to take on new challenges that are bigger and bolder. We are a team of hard-working men and women as strong as the structures we build. With Myers on your helmet, you'll be part of an elite team, bonded by their determination, committed to building the face of tomorrow, today.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/ Protected Veterans/Disabled)