Establishes quality assurance and quality control programs and processes that ensure company or client standards and requirements are met. Develops audit procedures and manages or participates in the audit process. Approves that standards are met or recommends corrective action.
Support Operations and Project Management in the implementation of the Jacobs Quality Management System with the objective of achieving continual performance improvement. Works either at the project site ensuring the client quality standards and requirements are met or in the office determining company quality standards and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and reports quality problems or trends
- Gathers data on construction problems and works on resolution with owner, A/E, and contractor
- Ensures that QC testing follows the QC Program or Plan
- Recommends changes in materials or procedures and follows up to ensure compliance
- Reviews reports for completeness and that test results match what is required in the QC Program
- Creates or assists in creating QC programs for projects, writes audit plans and leads project wide quality audits
- Reviews operational performance against the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) and facilitates changes and/or corrective actions, as necessary
- Identifies performance deficiencies and recommends/initiates solutions for improvement
- Supports all levels of the organization in the implementation of the quality management system
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 2 yrs Construction knowledge
- Valid driver’s license required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, etc.), Lotus Notes, HCSS, and Primavera products (P3, Expedition, Lynx).
- Strong fundamental math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and organizational abilities
- Basic proficiency in business processes, including contractual and legal procedures
- Basic proficiency in reading and interpreting contracts and specifications