The attorney will work closely with internal clients and support their management of change events and other issues that arise during the course of construction contracts and subcontracts. For disputes that proceed to more formal dispute resolution, the lawyer will manage outside counsel and manage and work with internal clients in connection with the dispute resolution process. In addition, the attorney will also:
- Work closely with internal purchasing group, assisting with the drafting and negotiation of various vendor agreements and advising on company policies.
- Provide support to our compliance team as needed, providing advice on issues and ensuring our compliance programs are current and effectively communicated to the organization.
- Advise as to company policies and provide training to company personnel.
- Work with Corporate General Counsel on a various other legal and regulatory issues as requested (including real estate, employment, finance and acquisitions), with the goal of providing the attorney a broad range of experiences.
- At least 3+ years of experience with a strong law firm or corporation or other business organization, preferably in the field of construction disputes
- Experience preparing claims or defenses in construction disputes or contract disputes
- Experience with drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Experience providing advice to clients in real time as issues present themselves
- Superior analytical, verbal and writing skills
- Currently licensed and admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, Maryland or Virginia with a J.D. from an accredited law school
- Experience with real estate transactions or other asset acquisitions preferred, but not required
We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the facility via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the facility. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the organization as a result of the referral or through other means.